Planning a wedding involves numerous details, and one of the most important aspects is addressing the invitations. Properly addressing wedding invitations not only adds a touch of elegance to your special day but also ensures that your guests receive their invitations in a timely manner. In this blog post, we will guide you through the dos and don’ts of addressing wedding invitations, helping you create a polished and organized invitation list.
Key Tips and Etiquette
When addressing wedding invitations, it is essential to follow certain etiquettes and guidelines to ensure that your invitations are received with warmth and appreciation.
- DO use formal titles when addressing the invitations, such as Mr., Mrs., Ms., or Doctor. This shows respect and acknowledges the individual’s status.
- DO include the full names of each guest and avoid using abbreviations. This ensures clarity and avoids any confusion.
- DO use the correct phrase when referring to the wedding location. When the wedding is being held in a place of worship, “the honour of your presence” phrase is used. When held at other locations, “the pleasure of your company” is traditionally used.
- DO use a legible and elegant font or handwriting style for the addresses, ensuring that they are easy to read. Remember to spell out the full address, including street names and states, rather than using abbreviations. If all guests are local, the state may be omitted.
- DO write out the date and year. For example: “two thousand twenty-three”.
What to Avoid and Remember
On the other hand, there are a few don’ts to keep in mind when addressing wedding invitations.
- DON’T use nicknames or informal names unless specifically requested by the guest. Always use the formal names that the individuals prefer.
- DON’T use labels on the envelopes. Handwriting the addresses adds a personal touch and shows that you’ve taken the time and effort to address the invitation individually. Alternatively, using imprint techniques such as letterpress, embossing, or foil colors, can elevate the quality of your invitation.
- DON’T forget to double-check the addresses for accuracy. Mistakes in addresses can lead to invitations being undelivered or returned, causing unnecessary delays and confusion.
Design your very own wedding invitation by contacting Forever Friends. We have everything from invitation and envelope embellishments to reception and response cards. Let us fulfill your wishes when it comes to creating a unique and beautiful wedding invitation for your special day.
*Please call Forever Friends for an appointment at (516) 721-2635 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org today. We look forward to hearing from you soon!